Russian Translators for Machine Operating Manuals
One of the services of business translation is translation of operating manuals, which consists in work with various technical texts, for example, in the field of photography or air conditioners. As well as work with other specific texts, translation of operating manuals requires special training and availability of sufficient knowledge and experience.
Translation services can guarantee that there is a translator in its database who is the most competent in this field and guarantee that a text editor will have an appropriate qualification. At the same time, it should be remembered that a translator and editor should be able to correct a text so that it’s understandable to an ordinary user, not just to a specialist. As a result of close cooperation with a client, our translators and editors reach the best solution. Our entire workflow is described in more detail below.
In the globalizing world, expansion of a firm and conquest of new markets is becoming ever more significant, and for this it’s necessary to bring its products in line with the needs of different cultures. A client always treats better those firms that are able to communicate with their clients in their own language. Therefore, in addition to translation and localization of your documents and a web-site, we will also help you to successfully sell the products of your company, providing you with quality compiled, translated, edited and proofreaded operating manuals.
It’s mistakenly believed that operating manuals are easy to translate, since there is a case, it would seem, basically with short and clear sentences that can’t be understood in another way. Operating manuals differ from other texts by their construction and language use, so it’s necessary for a translator in this area to have enough experience to ensure the best possible result.
1. It’s required to find out the target group for which a translated text is intended, since a text intended for a average user differs in its linguistic use from a text written for specialists. In the first case, less specific concepts are used, and they’re explained, while a text intended for specialists is more detailed and contains more complex terms.
2. It’s important to keep in mind that the syntaxes of manuals and everyday language are different. For example, in manuals, imperative mood is used very often, a text is instructive, so it’s important to follow a text exactly in the order in which it’s presented. Although the composition of operating manuals is usually logical and presentation is clear, there may also be exceptions. And for this reason we look for a translator with appropriate qualifications for each project, who can feel a language and language environment quite well, as well as their features.
3. It’s should also be taken into account that abundance of pictures, as well as the fact that a text explaining them should be as comprehensible as possible. It’s important to cooperate with a client who is able to help with terminology and will provide a translator with various auxiliary materials, including information of specialists on this product. If desired, we adapt all the pictures to the target language, and also arrange and compile translation materials according to the client’s needs.
Translation of operating manuals consists of the following steps:
• project terms (deadline, clearance) agreed by a client;
• formation of a team;
• research work (compilation of a database of terms), translation and localization;
• proofreading and editing;
• a design and layout, as well as the last check of work;
• sending translation to a client;
• customer reviews and patching;
• completion of a project.
COOPERATION WITH A CUSTOMER
For any translation work, it’s important to cooperate with a client. The following items are necessary for cooperation:
• a business terms database or business slang;
• if possible, more accurate introduction of the translated products or services;
• customer’s feedback.
It means that in addition to setting the target group and determining the time of order execution, customer support in terminology is always welcome. In all firms, preferred terms were formed, and some even compiled their own database, provision of which would be a great support for a translator.
If a terminology base isn’t yet available, then we’re ready to compile it and supplement it in the course of translation. It’s important to create a terminology base to attract all the offices of a firm or product dealers in different countries, since they can give information about exactly that country and the products in question. If you’re already a regular customer, in case of repetitive work, we can guarantee a shorter lead time for an order, since the terminology is already familiar and customer preferences are known.
When translating operating manuals it would be very useful if a translator could have experienced a machine described in a manual to check if everything is clear. In addition, a review and testing of a machine simplifies its description.
And a customer’s feedback on a work done is very welcome, which is the last stage of a project. Corrections made by the specialists of a company, concerning the terminology and style, help us to correct our work and be more precise when making subsequent translations. At the same time, we can’t guarantee good quality, if clients themselves make numerous corrections to it after completing a work, without consulting us.
At first I was afraid to pay for such services, but when I saw testimonials on the website I decided to take a chance. Now I have no doubts: next time I will apply to this company!
You can safely choose Russian Translation Services. I got qualitative translation of my very difficult text.
Correspondence is very useful, because interlocutors have time to analyze replies of each other and think over...Translation in Banking Industry
Documents interchange in the modern and international world is impossible without translation services,...Amazing Irish Capital
Dublin is the capital of Ireland. Its tempo, nightlife and sights are popular throughout the whole world. It is the...The Best Center of Night-Life in England
Newcastle is a port city situated in Northern England and maybe the best center of night-life in...Professional Translation of Technical Documentation in Ulan-Ude
Ulan-Ude is the capital of the Republic of Buryatia. The city is located in...Russian Translators for Belgrade City
Belgrade, the capital and the largest city of Serbia, is located in the central part of the country,...Role of Russian Language in Pakistan
Pakistan (the full name – the Islamic Republic of Pakistan) is a state in South Asia. It is washed by...Why Do People Need Translation of Financial Documentation?
In today's world, high-quality financial translation of securities and documents...