What Should be Considered When Translating Web-sites?
The opinion of a potential client is made up of many factors, such as: brand awareness, a price, and consumer feedback. Availability of information on a product or service is important. For large companies, market expansion is one of the key areas of development. How to present your products on foreign platforms, if the majority of population knows only their native language? It’s necessary to adapt a web-site to local realities — translate it to a language of a country where influx of customers is expected.
Web-site translation gives a company a number of advantages.
1. Improving a company’s image. Translation of aweb-site to a language of a consumer is a sign of respect for customers. International companies only emphasize their solid status from a menu in several languages. And the more languages are represented in the treasured «language» window, the more respect a brand causes.
2. Increase conversion of a web-site. Many users ignore pages in foreign languages. Even if a potential client know a foreign language, information in a foreign language is more difficult to perceive, it’s more difficult to remember. Adapting a web-site to a native language of a user increases the chances of successful completion of a transaction.
3. Expansion of the target audience due to SEO-optimization. A customer always drives into the search line a product or service of interest in a native language. Translation of meta tags will help to expand the sphere of influence and popularity in the search engines.
Qualitative translation will emphasize all the advantages of your proposal and the advantages of a company, but negligence or neglect can nullify all the advantages of localizing a web-site abroad. It’s important to choose a worthy partner, who is familiar with both the specifics of your activity and the intricacies of a web-site layout.
Whether translate a web-site completely or it’s enough to be limited to the basic elements?
The ideal option is to translate a web-site completely. Financially, this is a more expensive option, but it avoids a number of overlays when an adapted link leads to a non-existent or untranslated page.
You can first make translation of the main elements, and then refine a web-site as you progress and develop. Without fail it’s necessary to translate:
• The main page. This is the face of a web-site, you need to present yourself from the first steps from the best side and show respect to a client. In addition, a potential buyer should at first glance determine the main characteristics and advantages of the goods, and the degree of perception in their native language is always an order of magnitude higher than on a foreign one, even if it’s well-known.
• Web-site navigation. A customer may be interested in additional information, company information and contact information. A user should easily access all the data of interest.
• Key words and tags. Such information is needed to promote a web-site in local search engines. When a web-site is localized, a client will be guided by these terms and notations.
• Basic media information. It’s necessary to translate the main presentations and multimedia files, animations and manuals — everything without which a customer won’t be able to get an idea of a product.
At the first stage, you can limit translation of background information — old news, reviews and other non-localized files. Essential nuance — it’s worth translating the texts of pictures, because the alternative names of photos and videos (which a user doesn’t see) are used by search engines.
What you need to consider when translating a web-site:
• How a linguist will receive the data for translation. You can give translators all the rights to access a web-site, then the task of localization is completely shifted to the performers. If corporate security requirements don’t allow this, a translator processes the data received from the outside and provides you with prepared translation, but the staff of your company will be engaged in imposition and adaptation.
• Check all tags and links. In connection with the linguistic features after translation tags will change their place, and words in key phrases will change the order. You need to carefully subtract a text and give it nice readable appearance. As for the links — you need to make sure that they all lead to working resources and relevant materials.
• Layout. After translation, the amount of a text may change. It’s necessary to take into account the peculiarities of a translation language and to adapt the design of a web-site to new texts.
The best way to translate a web-site is to contact serious companies. Experience of previous orders will help linguists avoid mistakes, and you — embarrassment because of mistakes or inaccuracies. In the staff of a company-translator, it’s necessary to be a specialist who is well-versed in the sphere that you represent. Understanding the issue is a guarantee of quick work execution and high quality translation.
And the last nuance: a so-called translation memory will allow you to work later with linguists on more favorable terms. This is especially important for companies with active web-sites, where news and reviews pages are regularly updated. A translated text is stored in the archives, and you will have to pay only for adapting web-site updates.
You can safely choose Russian Translation Services. I got qualitative translation of my very difficult text.
My company was a pleasure to work with RTS. Today not every website is able to provide with such good services in time and cost effective.
Oslo is located on the shores of the fjord of the same name, the width of which at the entrance is...Translators’ Help for Citizens and Tourists in Calcutta
Calcutta is the capital of the eastern Indian state of West Bengal. This area was...When do Orel citizens need translation?
Orel is a large Russian city, which is located in the Central Federal District. It’s the capital of...English Translator in Sochi is Required More and More Often
Sochi is one of the most beautiful cities in Russia with a huge number of...Translation Services for Design or Digital Agencies
Design – a reasonable and skillful nature of the location or representation of something...What Type of Translation Do you Need when Going Abroad?
Today, more and more countries are becoming open and accessible to foreign citizens....Sofia - a City for True Travel Lovers
Sofia is the capital of Bulgaria, located in the west of the country. This is one of the oldest...Technical Translation
A datasheet is a document containing information about guarantee period of a product, its technical characteristics,...