What to Translate in E-commerce?
Starting the work of your online store in the international market is a new leap into a new level of business management, and possibly in a new service model. Qualitative translation of an online store using SEO-optimization give a chance to the customers in new markets easily find your product and it will give you a jerk in new markets.
So, what main content on a web-site needs to be translated:
1. Product description. This is the main part of a web-site content. If you have a large catalog of products, determine a priority product that needs to be translated first. Translate your catalog in stages.
Other dynamic content:
1. Feedback from customers. This is a very important part of your website. Translation of this part shouldn’t be too polished, in which case it will be read unnaturally. Style should be spoken.
2. FAQ. This part of your web-site changes on average 10-20% per year. Not as often as the rest of the online store content. Translate this content as it’s added to a web-site. SEO-optimization is also important here. Make sure that you host unique content that is optimized using keywords.
3. A blog, press releases, email newsletters and other marketing content. When translating this content, you will need to balance with short terms for translation and quality of translation itself. Do not skimp on translating this content, these are messages that greatly affect reputation and perception of a brand in local markets.
Static content on a web-site:
1. Localization of a method of payment and delivery of goods. This part, usually, should be created from scratch, taking into account the preferences of payment methods, currency and delivery methods on the local market.
2. Terms of service and other legal information on a web-site. This content must be translated once, trust it with a translation agency that can translate legal content professionally. If there are significant differences in the legislation regarding the terms of payment, delivery and return of goods, as well as protection of personal data and other norms, this part of a web-site must be written from scratch, taking into account the legal norms of the local market.
How to translate this content:
If you translate a web-site to more than one foreign language — be sure to use the services of a translation agency. Do not take control functions of the process and quality of translation.
Methods of translation:
1. Professional translation. This method is advisable to apply if your goal is:
• get professional translation of content, not a word-for-word, but localized translation that will convey a message to your client as accurately as possible from a marketing point of view;
• create and properly position your brand in new markets according to your internal marketing policy.
2. Machine translation with post-editing. This method can be applied if your goal is:
• translate a large amounts of a text on a web-site in a very short period of time (for example, more than 20,000 words per day);
• you want to minimize the cost of translation. However, in this case, do not expect localization and creative marketing translation of your content.
In both cases, translation, of course, should be without mistakes. This is not even discussed.
In both cases, be sure to use listed below options.
Memory of translations. If you have a large catalog of products, you will have a significant number of matches for phrases that have already been translated on a web-site. Accordingly, you will pay less for translation. Even big fashion brands use a translation memory when translating the content of their online store. Everyone is trying to optimize (at the same time competently) the cost of translating content for a new collection of clothes added to a web-site. Why pay for translation of the goods in full, if you have changed only color and some detail in the new season? Pay only for newly added phrases in a product description. How to create a translation memory? Before starting translation, tell your translation agency that you want to accumulate translation memory during the translation process. Choose a professional translation agency — they do it by default — this is one of the components of the translation process. After translation is made, a translation memory is sent to a client. It also remains in a translation bureau for use in further projects.
Glossary. If you have a large catalog of products, work with your translation agency on the basis of terms (glossary) of your products. This will ensure homogeneous translation of terms throughout a text, protect your brand and help a user of your a web-site easier to navigate the products on a web-site.
Translate content using keywords. It will help optimize your web-site in the Google search engine on user requests. It’s must-have in the field of e-commerce.
Guys, I can advise you this website, because its interpreters are excellent! They were very useful in my case!
RTS was helpful when I almost lost a hope to get a visa. Simultaneously, the price-list is enough democratic one!
Learning foreign languages with help of films and serials from different resources is becoming more...The Need for Translation Services in Cologne
Cologne is a city in the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia, located in the west of the...Russian Tourism in Turin
Turin is a large city in the north-west of Italy (the fourth in the country in terms of population after Rome,...Development of Translation Services in Perth
Perth is the capital of Western Australia, a bright, beautiful, modern city, at the same time...How to Avoid Mistakes in Translations?
When ordering technical translation, be sure to take time to discuss the details. Quality can’t be...Fast Development of Translation Services in Malaga
Malaga is one of the oldest cities in Spain. It's located in the south of the country on...Translation for International Cooperation between Vladikavkaz and Foreign Countries
Vladikavkaz is located in the center of the North...Peculiarities of Translation of Taglines and Slogans
For the most productive and organic communication with foreign clients, you need...